Heat Resistant Plastics
Polyimide P84®NT and P84®UHT powder unite the outstanding properties of polyimide, such as high temperature stability up to 350°C, chemical resistance, high mechanical strength, a low friction coefficient and minimal abrasion.
Using sinter technology, this not meltable polyimide powder can be manufactured into semi-finished products and components. Industrial applications profiting from this material’s effectiveness range from automotive industry and aerospace to industrial applications and office machines.
Compounds with solid lubricants like graphite, molybdenum sulfide or PTFE can be used for tribologically demanding applications.
- Excellent performance at high temperatures
- High strength and excellent shape stability
- Very good impact resistance
- High heat deflection temperature
- Very good creep resistance even at elevated temperatures
- Machinable with standard tools
- Low wear and friction behavior
breaks: friction pad, valve seat, wear pad
seal rings, piston rings, gears, locknut inserts, thrust washers
bearing sleeve and roller bushing in copiers
Electronics / Semiconductor
micro-switch and transducer in insulators
ferrules for gas chromatography